At the second debate, Donald Trump denied ever kissing or touching women without consent. But a number of women have come forward to contradict that
Several women have come forward in the last 24 hours accusing the Republican nominee, Donald Trump, of sexual misconduct, in multiple incidents spanning the last 30 years.
The women spoke out after Sundays second presidential debate, during which Donald Trump denied ever having kissed and touched women without their consent. The debate followed the release of a 2005 video showing Trump bragging about how he could grab womens genitals and just start kissing women with impunity, just because he was famous.
Have you ever done those things? moderator Anderson Cooper asked during the debate.
No I have not, Trump responded. But his statement arguably opened the flood gates for multiple women to come forward with claims of their own.
At a rally in Florida on Thursday, Trump dismissed the womens stories as fabrications.
These comments and vicious claims about me are totally and absolutely false, and the Clintons know it. These claims are all fabricated theyre pure fiction and outright lies. These events never ever happened. You take a look at these people, you study these people and youll understand, said Trump.
But the claims that emerged on Wednesday are just the latest against Trump regarding his behavior towards women. Here is a timeline of the allegations by more than a dozen women, many of which have only been made public in recent days.
Who: Jessica Leeds
When the allegations became public: 12 October 2016
When the incident allegedly took place: around 1980
What allegedly happened: The now 74-year-old told the New York Times that Trump groped her on a plane after she sat next to him in a first-class cabin during a business trip to New York more than 30 years ago. She says Trump lifted the armrest between them and then touched her breasts and attempted to put his hands up her skirt. It was an assault, she told the Times. He was like an octopus His hands were everywhere.
Trumps response: Trump denies the incident took place. This entire article is fiction, and for theNew York Times to launch a completely false, coordinated character assassination against Mr Trump on a topic like this is dangerous, said the Trump campaign in a statement.
Who: Ivana Trump
When the allegations became public: 1993
When the incident allegedly took place:1989
What allegedly happened: Trumps first wife Ivana said that she had been raped by her then husband after an argument, according to her divorce deposition, a claim which was reported in a 1993 book called Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump. As a condition of her divorce settlement, Ivana is not allowed to comment publicly on her marriage without Trumps permission. The book was printed with a statement from Ivana clarifying the incident:
[O]n one occasion during 1989, Mr Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage. As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a rape, but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.
Read more: www.theguardian.com